Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Right channel not working in headsets
I went to the dealer yesterday to have them check to see if my intercom system worked. They brought out a headset that was not mounted in a helment to test it. Mic and sound seemed to work on front and passenger cords. I bought to J&M head sets and installed them in our helmets yesterday afternoon.
I screwed up and bent one of the small pins in the plug that attach to the helmet :evil:
When I tried to straighten it, it broke off.
Used the one good cord to check the 2 outlets on the bike. Mic worked on both, sound only worked on the left side, not the right.
Had my wife put on her helmet and check it out. Same thing, the mic worked and only the left channel. not the right.
Anybody have a clue where I should start looking?
Also, have an issue with the driver plug on the bike. I believe the connection inside the plug is not good. If I wiggled that wire, things would cut out. I shoved it into the plug deeper and then used electrical tape to make sure it did not move. It's working with no static or cutting out now.
I could not figure out how to get the plug separtated to see if I need to do some soldering.
Thanks
Philroy 8)
#1 05-27-2012, 02:12 PM,
most likely you probably need the headset distribution block that attaches to the back of the cb
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#2 05-28-2012, 11:31 AM,
neoracer
I opened up the junction box and see nothing obvious there. Basically a circuit board with possibly two small diodes.
Wish I could figure out how to bypass it to eliminate it.
I bypassed the Auto volume circuit by plugging the radio into the multichanger box, and everything works the same.
My headset works fine, intercom works fine, radio comes in, just nothing on the right channel.
Wife's headset is the same with the exception that it randomly changes volume, no matter what bike lead I have it hooked to??
I'm thinking her's is defective?
#3 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM,
if u want to bypass the distribution block to test your headphones/radio out, get an extension cable that uses the "old" style computer keyboard cable,they are called 5-pin DIN cables or somewhat similar

both speakers work correct?
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#4 05-31-2012, 05:39 AM,
The LTD has 4 speakers and all work fine.
I got a dual female 5 DIN cord today and am heading to the garage now.
Wish me luck :YMPRAY:
#5 05-31-2012, 05:25 PM,
I picked up a Sena SMH10 kit - what a product - front to back or bike to bike to bike to bike - up to 900 meteres away clear as a bell !

I like the 4 way pairing where you can talk to a specific bike or the group.! I can't say enough good things about this product - wireless is the way of the future !
#6 06-01-2012, 12:56 PM,
Neoracer, you where kinda right. When I got the bike, mice had been living in it at some point. I looked all the wires over and taped them up.
One of the leads off the headset distribution block was taped, so I undid it. My memory told me only some insulation had been damaged and no wires, but on this lead, 1" of the yellow wire was gone! Since with the CB setup you don't use all 3 leads, I just hooked the other one to the radio and i got the right channel to work!

Next problem is after all this work, now my radio reception is HORRIBLE. I tried carefully to place everything back into that tight area (which I'd done several times before) but now the antenna is getting some sort of interferance?
I'm taking everything out again today B-(
#7 06-03-2012, 12:40 PM,
any time you work in the area with the stock radio and the cb its always FUN to get it back together,shame that the wiring cant be updated to 2012 style wiring connectors easily
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#8 06-04-2012, 04:18 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cb stay on 9 channel jerome 11 3,220 01-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Last Post: jerome
  Radio channel display 8 2,960 09-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Last Post: admin
  Re: GL1200A (1984) CB -last channel 20 6,038 03-29-2009, 08:38 PM