Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio reception
Hi Guys, newbie here. Hoping to get some information.
I have a 88 Aspy. Factory fitted panasonic radio, I seem to be having problems recieving radio stations, just wonder if anyone has ideas to rectify this or will a new ariel be needed. have heard of car ariels being fitted inside of the fairing.
Next question, can a car sterieo be fitted in place of the factory one and is it much trouble.

Giff
#1 06-25-2008, 06:06 AM,
if you dont have a factory cb u would probably to able to use a car radio but u would lose the functionalty of using helmet mounted speakers unless u can find and electroncs guru...if you thinks its the antenna...go down the carquest,napa,or whatever u have in your town and get the cheapest onen u can find and take the seat off and plug to in...if it ends up being the radio u could go the car route but will have to make up someway of mounting into the slot left from the old one....used wing radio cansometimes be found on ebay....sent mine back to sierra electronics in the spring and cost me about 200 to have it realigned,tape deck fixed and replaced new front panels so all the buttons were working..trust me if u go the car stereo route it may be a little cheaper but in the long run will hurt the resale value of the wing---and u will wish u had spent the extra 40 or 50 bucks to do it right...having the ability to use helmet speakers makes life alot more enjoyable on a trip..email me an i'll phone u and try to work out your problem
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#2 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  '85 Ltd Ed weak radio reception roscoepc 3 1,826 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: roscoepc
  Type III Panasonic radio reception roscoepc 2 1,723 12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Last Post: roscoepc