Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Signature In Posting
I'm sure there is something simple I'm overlooking but can someone clue me in on how to add a permanent signature like I see others using at the end of their posts.

The old FAQ's said to use your user control panel but I just can't seem to find that option on the new setup.

Thanks

Glenn Clave
Loudon,NH
#1 12-01-2012, 03:12 PM,
Go to user cp, just underneath the pic of Vic's bike. main page.
On the left side under Your profile click change signature.
then update signature.
84 Standard
85 Aspencade
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?
#2 12-01-2012, 04:02 PM,
Sorry, no joy ;-(

I don't have that option listed. I looked at a web page about MyBB forums and it showed that "change signature" should be listed just below "change avatar", but, when I go to my user control panel it's not there... strange I think... Maybe I need to re register? It would save me typing it out each time... I think I used to have one...

Glenn Clave
Loudon,NH
#3 12-01-2012, 04:40 PM,
try this, go to quick reply. check the signature box. write something and post. then go back to user cp and check for change signature.
Maybe?
84 Standard
85 Aspencade
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?
#4 12-01-2012, 05:14 PM,
OK I'll try that to see if it works

Glenn

Nope, didn't work. Oh well, I'm sure this is just a difference in the way the new forum works. Things will change as time goes on.

I did notice that we used to be able to see the date and time of a new post or reply on the right side at the top of the post, but, that isn't there right now either. I'm hoping that will retun so we can tell if it's a really old thread or a new one. I'll stop for now before I get myself in trouble with the powers that be...<VBG>

Glenn

Guess what. I wasn't looking in thr right place for the date and time. Boy, do I feel dumb!

Glenn

That's different. When I do a quick reply it modifies the original one...

Glenn

Glenn Clave
Loudon,NH

If it's too big to eat in one sitting you probably shouldn't run over it...
Glenn Clave
Loudon,NH

"If it's too big to eat in one sitting you probably shouldn't run over it"

85/84 "AspenState" Senior-Gray metallic (Sold but not forgotten)
2001 GL1800 Apollo Blue
#5 12-01-2012, 05:27 PM,
All your personal settings are found in the "ucp" which is the user control panel.

That is to the right of your log in name.

Click on that and look there to add a signature
#6 12-01-2012, 05:57 PM,
Guess what! It finally showed the option to "change signature" in the user panel...

This thread is now officially overBig Grin
Glenn Clave
Loudon,NH

"If it's too big to eat in one sitting you probably shouldn't run over it"

85/84 "AspenState" Senior-Gray metallic (Sold but not forgotten)
2001 GL1800 Apollo Blue
#7 12-02-2012, 06:39 AM,
(12-02-2012, 06:39 AM)gclave Wrote: Guess what! It finally showed the option to "change signature" in the user panel...

Gee Glen, I was just getting into your adventures with this new format.

Seriously I am using this post to check out some of the features.. I do wish we had the "view active topics" option. Edit works.

J.
'85 GL1200 Aspencade
'07 Shadow Sabre 1100
South of Sarnia, SW Ontario, Can
#8 12-03-2012, 02:56 AM,
Hey Thanks Guys.
I joined just a couple of days before forum changed and when I looked at my signature the other day it was taking up the whole page. Looked like I was trying to hijack the forum LOL.
Mark "Stones" Roberts
1986 GL1200 Aspencade

1982 GL500 Interstate
2001 Kawasaki Nomad
[Image: HighwayOfHeroes.jpg]
#9 12-03-2012, 10:11 AM,
(12-03-2012, 02:56 AM)LorneG Wrote:
(12-02-2012, 06:39 AM)gclave Wrote: Guess what! It finally showed the option to "change signature" in the user panel...

Gee Glen, I was just getting into your adventures with this new format.

Seriously I am using this post to check out some of the features.. I do wish we had the "view active topics" option. Edit works.

J.

Can you see the link on the bottom right hand of the forum that says forum statistics?

It contains a view active topics and more.

Here is a link http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/stats.php
#10 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM,