Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Saying hello
Got my 1984 1200i about 4 weeks ago. Just in time for my birthday.
She only had 38.4K miles and had sat for nearly a year with that wonderful ethanol flavored regular in her.
Anyway, I had been looking for something like a Goldwing for about 3 yrs and fell on this one in my little town and was in the price range I could afford.

Had been about 25yrs since I had been on something for more than a check out trip. How did I wait so long?
I used to ride a Honda cb550 and then Yamaha 750 triples when the Goldwings were first making the market.

I fell in love at that point and knew someday I would own one but alas, wife, work, kids, work oh and a move to kamikaze city all got in the way. Well now I live out here in the middle of Eastern Or in some of the most beautiful riding country one could ask for.

The old girl runs well for 28yrs young although she is in need of some tlc.
I'll be following and posting over there shortly about my first few needs.

Keep um upright and humming!

See you around.

Andy
Andy
Silver 1984 Interstate
GWRRA WAO
#1 06-28-2012, 08:09 PM,
Welcome from Florida!
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#2 06-28-2012, 08:48 PM,
welcome from mid md/pa area

know what you mean about the love,fell in love with the 75 nakled wing i rode in canada for about 15 min and took me 30 years till i had one for my own,rgeret the wait but every mile i put on mine(2) it was worth the wait
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#3 06-28-2012, 08:58 PM,
Welcome from west coast Canada,
I got my first wing a year ago, I live just outside Vancouver BC, My Bike (Vanna) had quite a few issues that needed attention,
I got the last issue finished just last week.
I learned so much in the process and the guys on this site are so knowledgeable and can help you with everything you need,
If there is anything I can do to help along the way I will be happy to do so.

I'll be happy to go for a ride with anyone whenever I can so don't hesitate to ask if you are in my area, I'll come and meet you for coffee.. :d :d
Johan
#4 06-28-2012, 10:44 PM,
Welcome from South West Ontario

I remember a trip to the John Day Fossil beds many years ago, nice country.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#5 06-29-2012, 04:38 AM,
Welcome to the Forum !

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Adam
'96 ST1100
Brewerton, NY
#6 06-29-2012, 05:09 AM,
Welcome from Alabama. There are lots of helpful people on this site to help you get her back to 100% and lots of good tips to keep her that way. :d
The light at the end of the tunnel is usually the headlamp of the oncoming train.

[Image: Bike003.jpg]
#7 06-29-2012, 05:36 AM,
[attachment=0]
Thanks all.
Yes Tricky the Fossil Beds are one of our unique features in this wonderful country.
While we were growing out our Eagle Scout spent a lot of time in places like that and hiking the wilderness country around here.
It is a truly unique area.

On that love relationship, the wife is convinced that I have found a new girl friend.
So far she doesn't really like riding, but I did manage to get her out for about 30 miles Rt with me.
We will get farther some day, she just says she really dislikes that a motorcycle must lean to corner and we have lots of corners around here.

Hey where is the members map?

Attached Files
.jpg   2012-05-20 11.10.35.jpg (Size: 280.13 KB / Downloads: 124)
Andy
Silver 1984 Interstate
GWRRA WAO
#8 06-29-2012, 06:21 AM,
Welcome to the Forum from Southern Cal.!
I bought my ‘new’ GL1200I two years ago from the original owner who put 104K miles on her before health problems caused him to quite riding.
The bike sat for 2 years before I found her and another 2 years of spare time to get her road (ride) worthy.
She currently has 130K miles on her and still running good, so yours has plenty of riding left in her!

Again, Welcome to the forum.

-Ride On
~O)
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#9 06-29-2012, 12:13 PM,
firstwing85 Wrote:Welcome from west coast Canada,
I got my first wing a year ago, I live just outside Vancouver BC, My Bike (Vanna) had quite a few issues that needed attention,
I got the last issue finished just last week.
I learned so much in the process and the guys on this site are so knowledgeable and can help you with everything you need,
If there is anything I can do to help along the way I will be happy to do so.

I'll be happy to go for a ride with anyone whenever I can so don't hesitate to ask if you are in my area, I'll come and meet you for coffee.. :d :d

Welcome & I can only echo Johan. He has said it all. Oh and we'er naieghbours as well.( poor me :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Cheers Angela
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#10 06-30-2012, 01:47 PM,
Greetings and welcome from Massachusetts!
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#11 06-30-2012, 01:56 PM,