Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Front End Bounce
Ok.. This might sound a bit far fetched, but might be worth a try.

Put your bike up onto the center stand
Raise the front end so you can spin the wheel
Using a playing card, check to see if the wheel is true
Check from several angles, going from normal (straight) driving tread through the round of tread and finally the side of the tire itself

A high spot on the side of the tire will cause a bounce while in a turn.
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#16 06-28-2012, 11:50 AM,
that is not far fetched at all.... it's a good idea *-Smile

~O)
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#17 06-28-2012, 02:09 PM,
Just as an update on my bounce issue I have removed the front tire taken out the Dyna Beads and rebalanced the
tire the old way ( static balance with lead weights ). It made no improvement in the problem. I am going to have
the fork oil changed and steering head bearings looked at next. I hope one of those resolve it ?????
#18 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM,
What brand of tire are you using on your bike and what is the year of manufacture?
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#19 07-25-2012, 03:06 AM,
admin Wrote:What brand of tire are you using on your bike and what is the year of manufacture?

What he is referring to is the ‘born date’ of the tire.
All the information on the tire is of a ‘raised’ impression on the tire.
What you are looking for is an ‘indentation’ and will only be on one side of the tire. I have only seen this in the shape of an oblong.
What is located within this impression should be a 4 digit number. The first two digits correspond to the weeks of the year (01 through 52) and the next two digits correspond to the last two digits of the year (00 means 2000, 01 means 2001)
So a number like 0310 corresponds to the third week of the year 2010.
If you happen upon a three digit number, that tire was made BEFORE the year 2000, which is when the industry went to a 4 digit number.
Beware of ‘good deals’ (especially over the net) on ‘tires with zero miles’! It could be a 12 year old tire with zero miles!

-Ride On
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#20 07-25-2012, 03:25 PM,
Tire is a Dunlop Elite 3 and had a manufacture date of Nov. 2011.

I am having the front fork fluid done next Tues. and will have them check out the
steering head bearing so will see what happens after that ?
#21 08-04-2012, 08:26 PM,