Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Casette plays very fast and very quiet.
Hopefully this is a common problem with an easy fix but I didn't see a post on it. My radio works fine but when a tape is put in it is just audible and playing very fast. For some strange reason I sprayed a few seconds worth of contact cleaner inside the door and put the tape back in..it played perfectly with a better sound than I expected from an old bit of Hi Fi. I left it playing for an hour and all was fine but when I changed the tape it was back to the original useless state. Gave it another squirt of cleaner and blew with the airline but no change.
Is it likely to be the belts or any further problems, I will be giving it to a local repair shop to give it a go at fixing...PS the only tape I have is one from my late dad..Best of Perry Como !!
Cheers...Charlie
The lady walking ahead of me sped up so I did too, she began running so I ran too, she screamed so I screamed as well. I never even saw what we were running from.
#1 05-13-2012, 12:30 PM,
A common problem with the older stereos. The rubber belts stretch. New belts usually correct it. A place called Sierra Electronics specializes in fixing Goldwing radios.
Paul
CE1 Navy Seabees/RET
1981 to 2002
ASE Mechanic
#2 05-13-2012, 04:06 PM,
Yep hopefully its just the belts and thet are available here in UK through my local guy.
Cheers...Charlie
The lady walking ahead of me sped up so I did too, she began running so I ran too, she screamed so I screamed as well. I never even saw what we were running from.
#3 05-13-2012, 10:47 PM,
Not looking good, the repair guy I gave it to has been in business for decades, he's put a new belt in it, cleaned and checked everything twice but it stays the same. He hasn't been able to power it up off the bike due to the lack of wire colours on the connector block. He is giving it one last try and hopes not to damage it by connecting power to the wrong wire' I told him to try as the radio is of no interest to me..only the cassette player. Its like its stuck half on fast forward. I'll get it back tomorrow either fixed..the same..or blown up..fingers crossed!
Cheers...Charlie
#4 05-16-2012, 10:44 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radio audio problem... normal then insanely quiet... 31 7,835 02-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Guest