Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
How to tell if I've got it.
I have done the search thing on the forums for CB's and have tried to find this info. Either I haven't found it, or I'm to old to understand it when I see it. I have an 86 Aspy that has the Panasonic radio in it. It has a handlebar mounted switch for the radio and a mute switch, and the radio has the switches for the intercom. How to I tell if I have the needed components to install a factory CB transceiver in my bike? I have no idea what to look for or even really where to look. Any help would be great.

Thanks OD
#1 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM,
Check some of the threads on this link for info:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/search.php?keywords=multichanger&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search">search.php?keywords=multichanger&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search</a><!-- l -->

I think having the multichanger box is the main thing that you'll need.
1985 Limited Edition
#2 05-20-2010, 11:00 PM,
The item required for intercom is the headset junction box and the cables, one to the front and 1 to the back.

The multichanger box is required only for the CB.

I cant remember how it fastens on without the CB I think it fastens to the auto volume unit. It is in that area anyway.

You can see in the diagram, the basic set up and the dotted lines are the intercom option.

The SEI comes with the junction box as standard

The ASpencade requires it as an option

Attached Files
.jpg   without CB.jpg (Size: 31.34 KB / Downloads: 223)
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 05-21-2010, 05:33 AM,
Is it possible to listen to the cb through the speaker system or do you have to use a headset?
#4 05-21-2010, 06:33 AM,
its possible to listen thru the speakers but a mike is required in the helmet
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#5 05-21-2010, 08:18 AM,
The CB will direct its sound to the same speakers used by the radio, on the 1200's you cannot use different speakers/headsets for the CB and radio.
'RIDE TO BE SEEN' :d

Most common quote from a cager after killing a motorcyclist.

"I never saw him" instead of "I never looked for him".
#6 05-21-2010, 09:03 AM,