Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
HI, new here and could use alittle help.
I have found a 85 GL1200 LTD with about 50,000 miles on it. I have not looked at it yet but am told its in good condition but the owner said it started running poorly then went to only running afew minuts before fouling out the spark plugs. It had tires,wheel brearings, brakepads and a new stator installed less than 3,000 miles ago. The bike has sat for 2 years now and the owner is looking to sell it. What Im looking for is a price range that this bike is worth in its current condition and if this bike has any thing else I should look for that is prone to fail on this bike.

Thanks,
Scott
#1 04-08-2010, 05:24 PM,
Welcome to the Site! 8)

As to what the bike is worth, without seeing it, I'd guess $2000.00-$3000.00 ?? It's gonna depend on what's wrong with the engine and what condition the paint/Tupperware is in..

As far as it running rich enough to foul the plugs,, I'd start simple and check the air filter first. Some mice might have gotton in there, built a nest, and plugged the intake..
1985 Limited Edition
#2 04-08-2010, 08:58 PM,