Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great sound for CHEAP
I installed a mini plug in the fairing then I used a "El-Cheapo" walkman type headset and broke the plastic center section of the headband out. Take each side of the head band and slide it between the outer and inner padding of my helmet. Holds the speakers right in the ear pockets. I tucked the wires in the padding and ran it out the rear of the helmet. I run the wire behind and under my arm and then plug into the fairing. Keeps the wire from slapping my face in the wind.Less than $10 for the plug and headset and it SOUNDS GREAT!! I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to install a plug in back somewhere for the passenger as well. Just haven't got around to it. When not wearing a helmet I can plug in some earphones for another option.
“A good traveler has no fixed plans,and is not intent on arriving”~ Lao Tzu ~
[Image: 16hvxut.jpg]
[Image: 15r1pnl.jpg]
In Stable
1985 GL1200 Interstate(RIP)
2003 Yamaha Midnight Venture
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650(Wife's Bike)
#1 09-28-2008, 06:40 AM,
Sounds like a good plan, but I have a dumb question...........

I've considered riding with earbuds or headphones like you said, but I've held off because I was always afraid of missing a blowing horn, or something else traffic related that I needed to hear. Is this an issue, or am I being over cautious??

Maybe the earbuds on the long highway hauls would be the way to go, but not in traffic??

Just wondering.................
A rainy day off beats a sunny day at work any time..................
#2 09-28-2008, 10:00 AM,
As long as you don't crank it up too high it won't be any more of a buffer than having a helmet on or riding with the radio on and sound comming from the fairing. Just have to use a little self control on the volume knob. :wink:
In Stable
#3 09-28-2008, 06:25 PM,
Big Grin Could you post some pictures? Big Grin
thanks
AZWINGER
85 GL1200I
Goodyear,Az
#4 09-29-2008, 05:40 AM,
AZWINGER Wrote:Big Grin Could you post some pictures? Big Grin
thanks
I loaned the other helmet out but I took some pic.s of my Bell helmet with the same basic mod. On this one I removed the foam and the complete headband and just stuck the speakers in the ear holes with some double stick tape. The second pic is with the speaker in place. VERY hard to get a pic inside the helmet. :lol: Hope this helps.
  • [Image: 11lj6fm.jpg][/list:u]
    • [Image: 2mr79qo.jpg][/list:u]
In Stable
#5 09-29-2008, 05:01 PM,