Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cb radio on gl1200a
i can transmitt fine but can not hear anyone.i just bought a new j&m hi-67 junction lead kit that they said would work but cant seem to figure it out.i need help.there is also a wire broke on the auto vol. unit.it looks like the ends of the terminal component is bad.can this be replaced if so where can i find one.
#1 07-07-2008, 04:25 PM,
locksmith1955
I installed the HI-67 in my 85 Aspencade a couple of years ago when I purchased a used Honda CB.The bike had the Type III Panisonic AM/FM radio installed including the the Automatic Volume Unit.

Questions:
Do You have the Type III Panisonic AM/FM radio ????
Do You have the Honda CB ????

Recently with "Tricky's" much needed assistance, my CB was removed, repaired by a friend in Goderich Ontario, and reinstalled. What was evident in the reinstallation was to follow the installation instructions and drawing for the HI-67 kit for the installation that includes the CB radio with the Type III Panisonic radio. Two sets of instructions came with my kit. One with the CB and one without the CB.
If you do not have these installation instructions send me a PM and I will send the instructions to you. I believe Honda did not design the CB installation to be worked on!!!!!

I suggestion that you include your location in your profile so that someone in your location may be able to provide additional help.
Wayne
97 GL1500 Lehman Trike
85 GL1200 A
Mount Hope Ont
#2 07-08-2008, 04:57 AM,
iThanks Wayne i do have a panisonic radio on my bike but i dont know if it is a type 3.how can i find out? I have the instructions for the kit.but from what i can see my leads for the head sets are hard wired.i also have the hondaline cb
#3 07-08-2008, 08:02 AM,
This is the type III Panasonic
[Image: aspyradio.jpg]
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#4 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM,
that is the type radio that i have on my 1986 gl 1200a.sometime i can hear fine on the cb and then it just cuts out. i can hear the radio fine thru my head set but when i talk to my wife i have to keep the vol turned down low because of the noise.
#5 07-08-2008, 05:07 PM,
Does the noise disappear when you apply the brakes?
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#6 07-08-2008, 06:02 PM,
no only when i turn the vol down low.there is a lead broke on the avc can i bypass that or do i need to fix the wire.one of the 5 pin plug ends came off the avc
#7 07-08-2008, 06:05 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1984 GL1200A radio issues Dogmeat 7 3,197 05-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Last Post: SIR tricky