Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New 1200 owner Pulling carbs
Hello to all. I am a veteran of the other forums and just found this one which may be more of my gear now that I am the proud owner of a 1200. Bautiful bike but blue is not the fastest color.
The bike has been sitting for 3 years ran great when parked. .. :? ............... I know I know. Its true. I have known the owner and known the bike that long. I have rebuilt the frnt brake master and thouroughly bled that and the clutch system.The linked frnt brake needs a caliper rebuild due to flud leaking from the pistons.
I just pulled the carbs and WOW. What a difference from an 1100 .I will be trying a nice clean before trying to rebuild.

I only cranked her becasue the previous owner told me he already tried cranking her. I drained the floa bowls and the tank and put fresh fuel in. I got maybe 20 seconds of rrough running then nothing.
I am reading as much as I can but any tipsor thingds to look for would be helpfull.
Hope to have lots of fun and insight here.Looking foward to a great relationship with my old new bik and new found friends.
Jose
#1 07-05-2008, 07:03 PM,
Welcome to the site Jose! Good to have you along!
Hope the rebuild goes well. Can't help much with the carb info other than to say there are strings about it including some good pictures taken along the way.
#2 07-05-2008, 07:49 PM,