Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C.B. hiss
Check the ground at the regulator

You can send them for repair to sierra <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sierra-mc.com/">http://www.sierra-mc.com/</a><!-- m -->

Does this buzzing disappear when you apply the brakes?
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#16 03-22-2008, 05:44 PM,
Nope, I'm lost :cry:
#17 03-22-2008, 08:37 PM,
I've read through this four or five times, so I don't think I'm restating someone else's suggestion. I know you hear the hiss on the speakers as well as the headsets. Does the noise still occur on the speakers with the headsets disconnected? Have you tried isolating the cb from the headset/s. From the diagram, it looks as if the headset junction box could be disconnected from the multichanger, and the headsets from the multichanger and the cb would still work on the speakers? Maybe not. You may have to "toggle" to speakers prior to unplugging the headset junction box.
Does the hiss change with engine rpm?
#18 03-22-2008, 09:43 PM,
the feed back is not as loud in speakers, but when the buzzing occurs , rx, or tx are not working all you hear in the speakers or headset in this feed back. It does not change with the brakes, rpm bike running or not, the only thing that changes feed back (tone)is adjusting the headset volume, or the c.b. volume. If you turn the c.b. volume up high the feed back or buzzing goes away.
#19 03-23-2008, 05:58 AM,
Standing by the bike see if the buzzing disappears if you touch the antenna.

#20 03-23-2008, 08:25 AM,
If I hold the coil the buzzing stops when I use the speakers, If I use the headset, the noise doesn't change much.
#21 03-23-2008, 04:06 PM,
The speakers get there power via the amplifier, the headsets from the multichanger

Did you get as far as removing the multichanger (a bitch to get at) and check the connections.

#22 03-25-2008, 07:43 AM,
got to the multi-box and cleaned all the connections, and also touched up all solder joints. the audio is clearer for the c.b. in speakers now.

The coil, I found on the ant. is loose (you can twist it, a little), when I do that all the feedback stops. Bad antenna :?:
#23 03-26-2008, 02:41 AM,
Can anyone tell me where to get the schematic for the CB radio. If I can supply one my electronics guy may be able to find the reason my CB is hissing.???
I have tried all of the above suggestions and finally switched out the CB for another that was working and it worked great, so I know it is my unit and not any of the other components. Probably a bad diode or capacitor but need the schematic to diagnose it.
Help.
"Life is what happens when you are making other plans"
#24 06-04-2008, 07:14 PM,