Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
fastforward/rewind
hello all my radio works fine however when i insert a cassette it switches from fast forward to rewind to fast forward to rewind well you get the idea . anyway it will not play a cassette. has anyone else had this problem? could it be the belt? thanks........
#1 03-30-2008, 05:11 PM,
My '86 does close to the same thing. Mostly after the tape has played, it refuses to switch. If I take the tape out, and "smack" it a few times, the tape loosens and the player works normal again. (until I hit the end, then we start smacking again) It may just be the belt, or the player is just winding it too tight. Then again, I don't have any "new" tapes Confusedhock:
Does it start FF the minute you put the tape in? Does it wind all the way to the end and then reverse?
#2 03-31-2008, 08:46 AM,
yes it starts as soon as i put any tape in no matter where the tape is, in the beginning, the middle or the end. about every 2 seconds it changes direction. i have tried several tapes the same thing happens, i believe it is something simple.
#3 03-31-2008, 02:03 PM,