Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - I Need An Audo "Y"
OK, I'm getting ready to install a GPS. What I need to do is to get some kind of "Y" connector to connect into my wiring to my helmet. Can I puchase this somewhere without breaking the bank?

I've already looked into those devices that take all kinds of inputs (CB, GPS, Cell etc) and channel them into a bluetooth, but, right now, I can't afford one.

Just a simple "Y" connector would do if someone makes them.
#1 01-14-2008, 11:18 PM,
I have never seen a 5 pin DIN y connector.

If your going to try to port the voice from the GPS using a similar method that was described here recently using a phone tap. You could make up your own 5 pin connector using a male and female and a short piece of shielded wire and tap into the two wires carrying the mike circuit and add a 1/8th mini jack.

Thats the way I would try otherwise you will have to spend the bucks.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 01-15-2008, 08:32 AM,
hello,

what kind of connection is it?, regular headphone connector is a 3.5 MM plug, and you can find a good quality Y at any electronic shop,
85' GL 1200 Interstate - My Picture Thread
[Image: signaturebg4.jpg]
#3 01-15-2008, 09:48 AM,
William_86 Wrote:hello,

what kind of connection is it?, regular headphone connector is a 3.5 MM plug, and you can find a good quality Y at any electronic shop,

I'm not sure what the connector is. I haven't gotten the GPS yet and the manual does not detail the connection type. I'll post it when I get the unit.
#4 01-15-2008, 05:45 PM,