Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Help! CB Radio Noise
OK, here's one annoying problem I'm having.

When I start out in the morning heading for a group ride, I can "hear" my CB just fine. However, every time I key up, I (and everyone else) gets this loud annoying buzzing sound. That's the best way I can describe it. After riding several hours, it will just up and go away for no apparent reason.

I've tried touching my antenna when I'm keyed up in several places. The noise is reduced VERY slightly, but, not enough to talk over.

I'm at a loss as to how to trouble shoot this problem. My regular radio receives just fine, all the time.

Any suggestions anyone?
#1 11-26-2007, 10:57 PM,
Not personally come across that problem but it sounds like it could be a feedback or grounding problem.

I know it is a PITA to do but I would make sure ALL the connections including the main CB connector plug are tight and lubed with diaelectric grease.
After that try keying the PTT switch with the headsets unplugged? ask your buddies if they get the noise then.
Do you get the noise when the engine is stopped?

Just some suggestions to try and isolate the problem.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 11-27-2007, 06:23 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radio Noise Filter Kit Bob Henshaw 6 2,774 02-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BladeRunner
  85 LTD Radio noise, CB squelch and Kickstand/neutral switch gwltd85 2 1,409 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Last Post: SIR tricky
  Intercom and Radio Noise Mr. Ed 2 1,445 03-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Ed Z