Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Anybody tried the J&M JMCB-2003-DU, I'm buying one, Help
Hey Guys:
I'm planning on revamping, (slightly), my stereo system on my '86 GL1200, (please see my post in the gallery, under "Just joined-I'm GLAD to have a place for My 1200 stuff").
I think I'm going to remove my custom-made speaker pods and amp and subwoofer and go to just headphones only. I had decent luck with headphones on my 2001 GL1800 before I sold it and my 1200 is quieter at highway speeds so I think the headphones will work better.
I was wondering if anybody has used the J&M handlebar mount system, (I want the dual unit with intercom JMCB-2003-DU). I plan on hooking the line-outs from my JVC KD-G820 in-dash mp3 player to the headphone-in of the CB unit and I will have CB/Stereo and intercom for about $330.
Any reviews on the J & M unit?
Thanks, Don W.
#1 10-05-2007, 11:55 AM,
I have the solo unit on my 1200 and it works just fine. I have my Sony Mini-Disc player attached and it works well also. My Interstate did not come with a factory AM/FM radio or a CB. I have installed an automobile aftermarket AM/FM/Cassette that never really delivered music well at highway speeds. The J&M unit works well and the music in the headset is much better at highway speed.
Remember, No matter where you go...There you are!

Here is where I have ridden my 1984 GL1200I
I completed the lower 48 states in August 2009, riding the whole way with my Dad

[Image: VisitedStatesMap-1.jpg]
#2 10-10-2007, 07:16 AM,
Sgt Dave Wrote:I have installed an automobile aftermarket AM/FM/Cassette that never really delivered music well at highway speeds.

Automobile radios are designed with the closed confines of the cage in mind, delivering about 7 watts max per channel therefor do require an external amplifier in order to hear them at highway speeds, but when you stop it near blows you off the bike Smile thank heavens for AVC on the Aspencade.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 10-10-2007, 08:36 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  J&M handlebar unit review JMCB-2003-DU I like it pretty dwitgoldwing 17 6,805 06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Last Post: EricGL1200A