Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another radio replacement thread
So, I've been kicking around the idea of swapping out the factory stereo on my '86 Aspy.

I never use the CB (though, I know it works, or at least receives) or the intercom (no idea if it works). I have checked the audio out of the system and it is severely lacking in both low and high frequency reproduction, compared to modern head units, and I would like to add both rear speakers and a powered subwoofer, and the factory system won't properly support those.

However, other than having a poor frequency range, it works very well, and the nostalgic part of me doesn't want to just throw it all away.

So, is there a market for an entire working Aspy audio system out there? Or is it basically junk, and should just be honorably retired?

TIA guys!

Alex
#1 04-20-2015, 05:28 PM,
(04-20-2015, 05:28 PM)dl_sledding Wrote: So, I've been kicking around the idea of swapping out the factory stereo on my '86 Aspy.

I never use the CB (though, I know it works, or at least receives) or the intercom (no idea if it works). I have checked the audio out of the system and it is severely lacking in both low and high frequency reproduction, compared to modern head units, and I would like to add both rear speakers and a powered subwoofer, and the factory system won't properly support those.

However, other than having a poor frequency range, it works very well, and the nostalgic part of me doesn't want to just throw it all away.

So, is there a market for an entire working Aspy audio system out there? Or is it basically junk, and should just be honorably retired?

There is a market for the original system. I have a number of 1200s. what would you take for it ? Poorboy

TIA guys!

Alex
#2 04-20-2015, 08:35 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radio replacement PanMan75 22 7,644 08-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Mercness
  Replacement radio 11 4,306 07-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Guest