Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Static
I just bought a hand held CB and a head set.
Went for a ride tonight and there is consatnt static coming thru the headset, it increases and decreases with engine rpm.
When I put the brakes on (brake lights come on) the static decreases a lot, release the brakes and the sound is back.
I have it powered thru the cigarette lighter.
Any ideas how to get rid of the noise?

-Bear
#1 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM,
If your hand held can run on batterys, try it without being pluged into the bike.

If you still have the static, it is RF radiated from the bike. You may have to try resistor plugs , if available , or resistor wires, that worked most of the time in cars.
If you get a clean sound, then you are getting static in your power lines, a good DC filter should help,
I have had good luck changing the power wires to CBs , VHF radios, Loran systems and similar equipment, from common type wire to COAX cable, run power down the center wire, keeping it sheilded as much as possible. Ground the ouside sheild.
CB's are AM type radios and they will pick up a lot of garbage
Dave R
Patriot Guard Rider
Previous bikes[/size]
CT 90--- 1960 125 Benly (Honda)--- Insane minibike with 125 Honda motor--- 1982 CB 650
current bikes
1987 CN 250 Helix--- 1985 GL1200 LTD
#2 09-13-2007, 08:17 PM,