Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
No cb through speakers
It will work through the headsets just like it should, But i cannot get it to work in the dash speakers. I have turned off the headset on the radio, Have checked all the mute buttons. Is there a lead or cable that could be disconnected. Maybe even a loose wire. The owners manual and the manual i bought don't even mention the cb. The radio works fine through the speakers. The tape player drags pretty bad, sometimes it is ok and most of the time it drags to the point of not even understanding the song.
!984 Goldwing Aspencade, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
#1 08-01-2007, 12:12 PM,
This may be too simple but are you sure that the volume control is turned up?
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 09-08-2007, 03:26 PM,
when the CB sound is issuing through the headset, does your radio sound mute ? or does the radio keep playing?

It could be the multichanger box

[Image: cb4.gif]
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 09-08-2007, 05:34 PM,
do they all have a cb? how do i know if mine has? how does it work if i do lol
#4 09-08-2007, 05:45 PM,
If the left side of the fairing (Aspencade and LTD) facing the driver has more instrumentation below the two nominally installed ATC and tone control knobs then you could have a CB LOL if not your SOOL

#5 09-08-2007, 06:47 PM,
i dont have a cb then :oops:
#6 09-08-2007, 07:20 PM,
The volume is turned up and when somebody talks the radio goes mute. When listening through the headsets the volume knob needs to be turned just a little or it is too loud. When i get the time i will take some plastic off and see if there is a bad connection. Thanks for the replies and the schematic. This is the best site for information on the web, Thanks to you guys that make it that way, It makes it a whole lot easier for people like me that know very little about these bikes. Just like right now, I had no idea it had a multichanger box. You make it fun to learn about them. Big Grin I just love this bike, The next project will be the altenator conversion although it's still working good; But i don't know if it's been replaced or not. At 66,000 miles the original one is probably gonna give up soon. Thanks again.

Rick
#7 09-16-2007, 06:37 PM,
If your going to dig around and look at the connections your going to need this.

[Image: accesories.jpg]

#8 09-16-2007, 08:06 PM,
Thanks Tricky Looking at that's gonna make it a lot easier. Will give me a idea of where to look.
#9 09-17-2007, 10:42 AM,
Hard to understand why his name is Tricky, it should be more like Mr. Easy for the way he makes it so easy to understand things. Big Grin
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#10 09-17-2007, 11:07 AM,
admin Wrote:Hard to understand why his name is Tricky, it should be more like Mr. Easy for the way he makes it so easy to understand things. Big Grin
You got that right. He is always posting schematics and drawings for everyone, I am no computer genius but it takes a lot of time to scan and paste all the information he does. This site is very fortunate to have someone like him That is very knowledgable and cares enough about the members to take the time he does to help them.
#11 09-17-2007, 11:22 AM,
Let me say that while I don't understand a lot of what tricky posts, it's obviously a great help to many. I know he's done a lot to assist me with what I consider major concerns but which he takes as run-of-the-mill. The membership of this Forum is top notch.
#12 09-17-2007, 11:30 AM,
84 aspen Wrote:Thanks Tricky Looking at that's gonna make it a lot easier. Will give me a idea of where to look.

You will see one black 5 pin DIN coming from the Headset junction box, in most cases it isn't used but if your passenger does not care for interruptions from the CB I think if you connect this directly to the rear headset it will just play the radio or tape signal or mp3 if you have one installed.

#13 09-17-2007, 12:18 PM,